Catch This Bus to Lough Key Forest
Catch this Bus to and from Lough Key Forest Park
During June, July and August
This shuttle Bus will run twice daily
departing Boyle from the Crescent
at 12 noon and again at 5pm;
The Crescent is 5 minutes walk from the Boyle Railway Station. Taxi services in Boyle would object to the service running directly from the railway station. There' no permission for that, anyway.
Next stop Military Road at 12.10, and again later at 5:10 pm, which is handy for pick up from King House, Farmer's Market on Saturdays and connecting to the Dublin to Sligo bus services.
Bus departures from Lough Key Forest Park for Boyle
are at 12.30 and 5.30pm.
This Shuttle Bus will run 6 days a week Monday through to Saturday, not Sundays, through the months of June, July and August.
This Shuttle Bus timetable coincides very well with the railway train services to and from both Sligo and Dublin Directions.
The trains from Sligo direction and heading for Dublin
arrive at Boyle at 11:32 am and 6:32 pm
The trains from Dublin direction and heading for Sligo
arrive at Boyle at 11:25 am and 6:25 pm
For our Bards In The Woods events,
if you are not camping in Lough Key Forest Park
I suggest arrive on either 11:25 or 11:32 train
and depart on the 6:25 or 6:32 train
Shuttle bus ticket price is only €1 per adult and 50c per child.
As Una Bhan, the local tourism agency, tell us, there are over 50 business subscribers to this initiative. The Main Sponsor being – Boyle Today.com
A Brochure to accompany the Shuttle Bus initiative is in print and includes all sponsors and their location of Business while also highlighting 10 reasons to take the bus to Boyle which include:
• Visit Boyle’s magnificent 12th century Cistercian Abbey
• Explore King House a magnificently restored Georgian Mansion, interpretive
Galleries & Museum and Boyle Town library and the Boyle Civic Collection.
• Visit the home of Emmy Award winning ‘Moone Boy’ & Tony Award nominee
Hollywood Actor Chris O Dowd and take the ‘Moone Boy Trail’
and take home some Boyle Soil!
• Take the Boyle Historical Walking Trail which includes birthplace of
Maureen O’Sullivan & Margaret Cousins, Famine Memorial.
• Visit Boyle’s Model Railway, an exciting 40ft x 20ft running model railway
in a continental layout in HO scale
• Take a stroll through Boyle Farmers Market (Saturday 10am -2pm)
• Relax while your children enjoy the FREE activities in Boyle Pleasure Grounds
• Have lunch or early bird dining in any of our Restaurants/Coffee shops
• Enjoy a relaxing drink or two in any of our pubs
While in Boyle why not take a visit also to Tullyboy Pet Farm; Lough Gara Riding Stables & Country Pursuits; Drumnone Dolmen, Gaelic Chieftain and Carrowkeel Megalithic Tombs or maybe a Pampering session in Kilronan Castle!
For further information on Boyle attractions or the Boyle Lough Key Shuttle Bus,
contact Úna Bhán Tourism 071 966 3033 or e-mail email@example.com
Here's a Google Map
Zoom it to discover bus service, utilities and what's there.
View Lough Key Forest, Co. Roscommon in a larger map